Wanted: competent person who doesn’t mind being pestered and can put up with unreasonable demands. Must be able to make their own coffee and wash their mug afterwards.
Think you fit the bill? Go online for a job description and application form for the post of access and conservation officer for the Mountaineering Council of Scotland.
Among the more serious attributes for the job, which pays between £20,472 and £23,925 dependent on experience, are
- An in-depth knowledge of the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 and its Scottish Outdoor Access Code
- Good IT knowledge, including the ability to put together Powerpoint presentations (of course)
- A knowledge of Scottish outdoor recreational interests and the planning system
- Involvement in at least one aspect of mountaineering
- Experience of fundraising
- Familiarity with dealing with the media
The post is mostly funded by Scottish Natural Heritage and also the British Mountaineering Council and the Scottish Mountaineering Trust.
Closing date for applications is 27th October 2006